Sunday, October 24, 2004

My laptop is acting up. Several of the keys on the keyboard keep cutting out. If you see any typo's, it is probably me not the keyboard. But it could be the keyboard.

When the blog goes several days without an entry that means one of two things: nothing is happening or things are hectic.

I have been working toward removing the engine from the truck. At this point the hoist is in place and I am two bolts and the starter wire away from pulling the engine.

Friday I started to de-grease the engine. The plan was to spray on the degreaser and then drive over to the car wash to hose it down. Unfortunately after spraying the degreaser, I couldn't get it to start, so I just hosed it down in the driveway. My neihbor came over to look at it a little later. It cranked right up. He said I probably had flooded it.

Pulling the engine has involved removing the battery, draining the fluids (oil, coolant, power steering fluid), removing the radiator and heater hoses, removing the radiator, disconnecting the throttle and transmission linkage, disconnecting the alternator, and disconnecting the transmission bell housing. I probably left out a few wires and some other details, but that was most of it.

I went on a field trip with Jordan's class on Friday. We visited 'Constitution Village'. We got to see how to make butter, spin thread, make pottery, etc. Nothing like a field trip to make you need to take a nap.

No comments: