Saturday, October 02, 2004

Life's a Beach
Technically I have been on vacation since about 5:00 pm yesterday. We don't actually leave for the beach til Monday. We are going to Florida. We usually take a trip to Fort Walton Beach Florida the week after Labor Day. This year with Jordan in school we put off the trip til Fall break. Unfortunately the beach we normally visit has been washed into the Gulf of Mexico. We revised our plans and we are now heading to Panama City Florida.

Trip to the Salvage Yard
This morning I visited a couple of local salvage yards. For a song and a dance, I acquired a gas pedal and a replacement plasic instrument cluster bezel for the '72. The gas pedal was just plain missing. The bezel was cracked and had a few pieces missing. I installed the pedal. The instrument cluster will wait. The guy though in the speedo that was attached to it. I don't need it but if the mileage is higher I could swap.

I saw some really trashed '60-66 Chevy trucks and a few '67-72s. I ran into another guy looking for parts for his '71. He said he already had several trucks at home. I got tips from a couple of guys on other yards worth visiting.

The two yards I visited today was choosen simply based the fact that they were opened on Saturday morning. There were a lot of people there. I expected it to be like a ghost town.

Talladega
We pretty much forgot about the race this weekend and let it slip up on us. There was talk about me and a few of my friends going this year. Oh well, maybe next year. It is close enough that we could leave at 8:00 am, get there in plenty of time for the race and be home in time for dinner.

Limbo
Dah dah dah.

No comments: