Thursday, October 14, 2004

Miata Daze
It has been quiet around here for a few weeks. Perhaps that will change soon.

This morning it was a cool 54 F with cloudy skies. There is currently a severe weather alert. What a beautiful day for driving the Miata with the top down. Todays musical choice was "Bowling for Soup".

72 What?
Monday evening I took the front bumper, headlights, grill, etc off the truck. While it was dissassembled I got the parking lights working. One less thing.

I also discovered a new color of paint. So far I have found 2 distinct reds, white, yellow, and now I have added green to the palete. The green paint was found on the passenger side front fender. Of course this indicates the fender has been replaced at some point. I am now certain I have parts from at least 3 different trucks, though it could easily be 4 or more.

So the question now is what kind of truck is it really? A Ghevy or a CMC?

Blue Light Special
I forgot to mention this last week. On our vacation trip, about 20 minutes after leaving the house, a friendly Alabama State Trooper asked me to stop and chat for a few minutes. Apparrently I was doing 90 on the interstate. Now the bad part. I didn't even realize I was speeding. The Tahoe sure rides smooth and doesn't feel like it is going fast. And of course I was distracted. I was trying to explain how to use the Mapopolis software running on my PDA. The PDA was connected to my eTrex GPS and we were watching ourselves move down the interstate real-time.

Mr. Friendly wrote me ticket for 90 in a 70 for Limestone county. I was in Morgan county. So who was more distracted? Me or him. At least I knew where I was. He was driving a big unmarked Ford Expedition. It had a whole office setup in it complete with a laptop and a printer. Unfortunately he had a virus on his computer so it was working. He had to write the ticket out by hand. And I thought I had bad penmanship. He said he had Internet access but he wasn't sure if it was modem based using cell technology or a statelite connection. Regardless, internet access in the car is pretty cool.

After receiving my ticket, we were on our way once again. No hard feelings toward the guy. He was doing his job and I was speeding.

I think the last ticket I got was shortly after Ginger and I got married. Our tenth anniversary is approaching so that was a few years ago. We were driving to my Fathers house and I got pulled over between Courtland and Town Creek. I have been told Town Creek is a speed trap but I don't recall ever seeing a police car there. Hopefully I can behave and won't get another ticket for a long long time. And if I can't behave, then maybe I can just be lucky and not get caught.

No comments: