Thursday, July 07, 2005

"But hark, what light through yonder window breaks?"

Another long weekend has begun. Tomorrow we are heading to VisionLand.

My friend Creg came by after work. I have loaned him my sand blaster. I hope he doesn't blast away the entire truck ('53 Ford).

Saturday I plan on attending the 19th Greater Tennessee Valley Antique Car and HD Show. Note to self - Charge the camera battery.

The clutch on David's Miata quit yesterday. Rather suddenly two. I sent him over to Miata.net and he did a little reading. The clutch line is hydraulic rather than a cable. It turns out the brake fluid (Dot 3) had leaked out. Yes it uses brake fluid. We tried putting more in but it leaks too fast to be useful.

Tomorrow morning I am going to tow his Miata back to his house. I convinced him to repair it himself. Obvisously I volunteered to help and even offered the use of my garage. This is his secondary vehicle so it won't hurt to much if it takes a few days to repair.

David has been considering buying new leather seat covers ever since he bought the car. He finally convinced himself to spend the money just a few mere hours before the clutch went ptheew! Fortunately the order has already been placed. Talk about a good attitude, all the money he saves repairing the clutch is going to pay for the seat covers.

No comments: