Friday, July 15, 2005

Rick's Tow Service
About 10 days ago, on a Wednesday, my friend David went to get a hair cut during lunch. As he arrived at the beauty salon, jab jab, his clutch quit working. He called and I went and picked him up. He looked very stylish with his new hair cut. Ok, that is probably enough.

Read the July 7th entry of more info on the clutch failure.

Last Friday morning I picked him up at 6:30 AM and we towed his car back to his house. I used my Dodge pickup to pull his Miata. David must be a pretty crazy driver. The tow rope he used only put about 10 feet between my truck and his car. He could not see around my truck. He said he was pretty much white knuckled the entire trip driving along at near the speed limit looking closely at my tail gate. A few times I thought he was trying to pass me. I believe he may have even ran a red light. It was yellow when I went through.

Did you know the brake lights on my truck don't work when the hazzard lights are on? He found that out pretty quickly. Did I mention the rope was kind of short. Fortunatley we both had cell phones so he called me and I turned off my blinkers.

And for the record, he was towed home with the top down. I convinced him it was way to nice to be towed around with the top up.

The car has now been at his house for a week and he has not yet looked into repairing it. He says he has been busy. I think if he is now going to fix his car, he should look into getting yet another backup vehicle. Perhaps a VW bug.

Maybe I will go over to his house one night this week and take a look at it. It is always easier to repair someone elses car because you don't have to pay for the parts and you don't have to worry about messing something up. It's not your car after all.

His new leather seats are scheduled to arrive early next week. I wonder how they would look in my car.

No comments: