Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?

This evening I opened up a bag of potato chips, reached in an pulled out a pacifier. Imagine my surprise. Ginger's cousin was here yesterday with her three kids. Logan, the youngest lost something while he was here. I guess I found it. The question is how did it get there.

Yesterday afternoon I went out in the back yard with a rock rake. Where there were rocks, I raked. This is apparently some sort of rain dance because soon it began to thunder and eventually the bottow dropped out.

This morning I strolled out back to admire my work. Strangely enough everywhere that I had raked, there were now more rocks. My rock piles were still were I left them. I suppose the rocks are multiplying. Now if I could just teach them to do calculus, I could charge admission to my backyard.

Did you know a gallon of water weights roughly 8.345 lbs? Now go outside and look up at a cloud. Back already? That was quick. Now think about how much water falls out of the sky when it rains. Now think about how much a cloud must weight - it is made up entirely of water vapor after all.

Hello again to DeAnna.

No comments: