Saturday, December 24, 2005

Merry Christmas

Finished up the Dogde Brakes

I finished up the brakes on the Dodge 1500 4x4this morning.

I discovered when I started working on the second wheel that it was assembled incorrectly. At this point I don't think I have had the rear brakes worked on before so that implies to me that it came from the factory wrong. That is hard to image, or is it? Could I be mistaken? Possibly, but I looked at it a couple times trying to figure out why it was the way it was. It didn't match the other side and it definitely didn't match the Haynes manual.

The second brake assembly also happened to be the same wheel that had the warped drum. Could this be the cause possibly, but it seems like it would have warped a lot sooner.

Regardless, it is all back together.

Hint: The locking pins are much easier to refasten if you press the spring down with a socket. The pin will then stick inside the socket giving you an opportunity to turn it. I found that the socket is easier to press on the spring if you have an extension on the socket to grab hold with.

Sister Terry came by this afternoon. I took her for a ride in the Miata, her first. Unfortunately it was raining so the top was up.

No comments: