Friday, December 30, 2005

Formula One Racing Comes To Alabama

Ah yes, another long weekend.

Today I bought a new toy. No really, an actual toy. What is it? A slot car set. More specifically a Carrera Evolution Pro-X Digital Racing set complete with two Formula One cars.

We played with it most of the afternoon. There was a little bit of crying because the kids didn't want to share with me. I eventally got a turn and dried my tears.

The track is two lanes and supports up to four cars. It allows for lane changing and if you don't have anyone to play with, the 'black box' will drive the other car for you. This is fun, but driving with others is more fun.

After just a few hours of playing I would say Brianna is probably the best driver. The age suggestion on the box is 8+. She is only 5. Perhaps I shouldn't let her play anymore (because she keeps showing us up.)

I prefer to drive the red Ferrari but so far I have mostly been relagated to the McLaren Mercedes. It's not so bad.

No comments: