Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year

Feh!
I learned a new word yesterday: Feh. I was reading an article online and came across this word. I usally lookup words I am not familar with. The dictionary had nothing to say and Google had way to much. I ended up emailed the author Joel Spolsky of Joel On Software. I figured it might be a TLA I was unfamiliar with. Enough with the acronyms already. It turns out it wasn't.

Mr. Spolsky suggested I look it up in a Yiddish dictionary. My train of thought forks here. Which path to follow?

I would have never guess the emymology of the word. Thanks for the guidance. Yiddish dictionaries are plentiful online so now I know the meaning of feh.

It turns out Feh is a very useful word. Not nearly as feckless as that last word.

Good thing Yiddish dictionaires are available online. I don't think I would have been able to locate one otherwise. Theere is not much demand for them in Alabama.

Another Feckless Task

In the previous section I wanted to link feckelss back to its original entry.

Choo Choo. There goes that train of thought again.

I figured I will hit Google and it would give me a link into my archives. I searched for 'feckless obsession'. You would not believe how many hits this received. And none were for me. There goes my ego. I am starting to believe my word is overused. Ok, perhaps the word is not mine, but as I have pointed out I can use it in a sentence.

I had been thinking lately it might be time to change the old blogs name. Feckless Obsession. Hmmm. No that seems to verbose. Perhaps Mundane Obsession or simply Mundane.

And speaking of obsessions...

Prep Work Pays Off

Yesterdays truck activities included a light sanding for the entire frame and then another coat of POR-15. What they say about paint and prep work is true. One, maybe two more coats and I will be done painting the frame.

My next task with either be the rear suspension, axle, and differential or the front suspension. With a little bit of reasonable weather I could have both of these done by the spring. Oh what an optimist I am.

I have had a few folks look at the frame and ask why I was bothering to sand out the air bubbles. Is it because I am a perfectionist? No, I am only an aspiring perfectionist and way to lazy to step up to the next level. Actually I am trying to teach myself a lesson. The lession? It is easier to do it right the first time. This is a hard lesson to learn.

Welding Redeux

Recap: start here and then go here. Now that your up to speed let us proceed.

I got a call Friday night. It seems a couple of the welds didn't hold. We suspect that it was a preparation problem. Are you spotting any trends?

More on this later.

No comments: