Saturday, January 28, 2006

HD Report (Gillware Inc Review)

I sent Ginger's recently crashed harddrive to Gillware. They were unsuccessfull in recovering any data. On the positive side, they don't charge if they are unsuccessful.

Gilware have several levels of service. Same Day, Express, and Standard. For economical reasons I selected standard. The queue must have been short because they received it on Monday, diagnosed it on Monday, and announced defeat on Tuesday. They even volunteered to ship the drive back via UPS ground on their dime. I asked them to send it back 2nd day thinking I might try one more vender.

I was very pleased with their responsiveness and customer service. Too bad they couldn't recover the files.

In the meantine, I tried the freezer trick. The behavior remains the same. Oh well.

Moving Day

I helped David E. begin moving on Thursday evening. After we had loaded up the largest U-haul diesel, driven it across town, and unloaded it, I told David it was not too late to change his mind about moving. Moving all that stuff back would take less effort than continuing.

When I laid down in bed Thursday night I was sore. Whatever happened to the good old days when you didn't get sore til the day after.

I took yesterday afternoon off from work to provide some more moving assistance. You can't buy this kind of fun.

Last night when I went to bed I was tired, though not as sore as the night before. The tiredness was due to moving boxes, climbing stairs, moving boxes while climbing stairs and from only getting about 2 hours of sleep Thursday night. The sleep deprivation was much worse than the physical tiredness. At least until morning came.

This morning when I got out of bed not only was I sore, I was practically limping. Note to self: Either get more exercise or lose the friends.

David has professionals coming to move the large/breakable stuff this morning. This afternoon I will return to help finish it up. Hopefully. If we don't get it all today there is also tomorrow.

New Truck

No, not me, Chad. I have know Chad about 5 years. Chad has had 6 different trucks in that time.

I am suppose to help Chad install side steps on his new truck either this afternoon or tomorrow afternoon. I fear that once I get down on the ground I may never be able to get back up.

No comments: