Thursday, January 05, 2006

How To Keep Busy

I signed up for a couple more classes. I was considering taking two classes online and then taking a welding class at the local tech school. It seems the more you have to do, the more free time you have. I will explain that in a minute.

I ended up only getting one of the online courses so the other class will end up occupying my Tuesday nights. Unfortunately the welding class was on Tuesday night also, so it will have to wait.

Master Procrastinator

It is amazing how much time you can waste when you are procrastinating. The true miracle of it is simply the realization of how much time you are wasting, and how many things you can find to otherwise occupy your time. Time has an interesting way of flying by when you don't really have any obligations but add a few things to your to do list and it will slow down. At least as long as your not tackling anything on the list. Once you get around to the task at hand, time flees again.

Any who, I figured if I signed up for two classes at the university and took a welding class at the tech school I would have endless amounts of free time. We will see how much extra time is generated without the welding class. Perhaps I can get the five year truck restoration schedule down to three years. Ha!

What's Up

...with the classes? I have decided to get another degree. I currently have a BS in computer engineering. The next degree, should I follow through with my plans, will be a BS in mathematics with a minor in education. Who knows what distractions lay ahead of me. (perhaps another old truck?)

Why? The plan is to eventually teach either math or computer science in high school. This possible next career is somewhere out in the future, though I don't know how far out. I think it would be nice to teach after retiring from engineering. At the rate I am currently taking classes, I will have the second degree in 2.5 to 5 years. Assuming I don't get tired, lazy, or bored first.

Now back to reality.

To quote Brian, quoting his Mother "[I am] busier than a three tailed tomcat..." which reminds me, I still haven't changed the oil in the Miata. Fortunately, or rather unfortunately, it is not getting many miles right now.

Come on by the house this weekend. I have invited my nephews over. We will be having a LAN party and eating junk food all weekend. All us kids will surely have a blast. (pun intended)

No comments: