Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Last week we had a hard drive fail. It is amazing how much time you can spend trying to get a computer functional again. Unfortunately the battle has not been won. Too bad it is under warranty. Read "too much time on the phone being told how important my call is and that it will be answered in the order that it was received".

The Barrett-Jackson Auction started last night on Speed. There will be over 30 hours of live coverage. I Tivo'ing it. I will eventually watch it all, but it may take me 3 or 4 weeks.

I managed to get a few hours last Saturday to go drive the convertible Corvette. To bad it wasn't there any more. Neither was the other little red car. I never did figure out what it was but I suspect it was probably a Triump. The lesson here is never put off driving a convertible to tomorrow if you can drive it today.

Monday afternoon the 5th graders came back for another welding session. Results were excellent. And the homemade chocolate chip cookies were good to. At this point I believe I have spent more time teaching others to weld than I have actually spent welding. Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach. I actually learned a lot by helping them. Pretty cool.

No comments: