Friday, December 23, 2005

No work today!

This morning I decided to tackle the problem of the bouncing brakes on my Dodge pickup. First thing was to pull the drums and take them to be turned.

We all went to see a movie this afternoon. "Chicken Little". The sky is falling.

After the movie I went back to the parts store to pick up the drums. As I suspected, one of the drums was warped. They turned it 3 times and and were unable to get a smooth round surface. I ended up buying replacement drums. I asked for a credit on the drum turning and they reimbursed me for it.

After I got back home I spent about an hour trying to get the right side back together. At that point I stopped for dinner. The rest will wait for tomorrow.

I recall from changing the shoes on the GMC last year that the reassmebly goes easier if you do it in an order other than what the Haynes book recommends. Hopefully I will get this finished up tomorrow.

The last drum brake job was on the GMC on Saturday, September 18, 2004.

No comments: