Thursday, December 01, 2005

Useless Facts About Obession

I have been playing with the new Googles analytic tool. It is merely a toy to me, but it provides some interesting information. The thing I like the best is just know where my traffic is coming from.

In the last few days I have had a pretty disperse geographic checking in: Huntsville(AL), Austin, St. Louis, Chicago, San Francisco, Roseville(CA), Tuscon, Muscle Shoals(AL), Rock Hill(SC), Aiken(SC) and Kelowna, Canada.

I recognize six of those locations. The rest of you are a mystery to me.

The most interesting thing I have found so far is that about 5% of my hits are coming via miataville.ods.org. I set that up as a bit of a joke one day and linked it back here. I guess one of the seach engines crawled the link and started sending me some traffic.

What else is interesting? Seven percent of my traffic is using dialup. Sixty-one percent is using Flash version 7.0. Everyone has Java enabled. Only 2% percent of you are using 24 bit color. One guy has his screen resolution set to 800x600. One vistor is using Firefox, one is using Netscape. Everyone is running either Windows Xp or 2000. And finally my traffic level seems to spike on weekends.

Now go and take some vitamin C. Hopefully we will all feel better in the morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

rm,

i think i might be your lone firefox user, just a guess... but that's i'm usually checking your blog with - both at < work > and home. :-)

kg