Wednesday, December 14, 2005

We Don't Need No Stinkin' Badges!"
When I got to work this morning I realized I had forgotten my badge. The door from the lobby to the office area will only open when you scan your badge or when someone comes out. I am usually an early bird at work, so just a handful of people are usually there when I arrived. I knocked once on the door but no one was nearby to hear me. Next I went back outside and knocked on the window of office of another guy that normally arrives early. Lets call him Joe.

The windows on the building are tinted so I could not tell if Joe was in his office. I headed back to the lobby and had a seat on the leather sofa. After sitting for a couple of minutes I decided I would explore my phone while waiting for some else to arrive.

About ten minutes later, someone did arrive. They scanned their badge and we headed for our offices. Once in my office, I tossed my keys in the drawer, turned on the computer, and remove my jacked. I usually hang my jacket on a cabinet door. I opened the door and I see what appears to be the face of a troll saying "Morning!". Startling! I slammed the door shut. And then I opened it back up and let Joe out of the cabinet. He said "You should have seen the look on your face." I asked, "Did I scream like a little girl?"

This morning when Joe saw me walking across the parking lot he went to my office to hide. What he didn't know was that I didn't have my badge. Joe was in the cabinet almost 15 minutes waiting to surprise me. I hope the wait was worth it.

And he said "No", I didn't scream like a little girl. Tomorrow morning when I get to work, I am going to lock the cabinet door.

1 comment:

Mike said...

I never could keep up with my badge at work, but they did not lock the doors, so it was not a real problem.

Since I quit work, the thing has lived in the toy box and is always easy to find. The kids play with it and the wife's old badges once in a while.

Guess I should have just kept it in the kid's room back when I was working...