Saturday, December 17, 2005

We did the welding thing last night. Three boys, two girls, and couple of dads gave it a try. I didn't let the dads do any of the real work. I didn't ask, but I think most of the kids are in 6th grade. One was probably in 4th. Everything went smoothly.

No one will mistake the work for that of a professional but they did accomplish what they set out to do. That is what matters. I think they all enjoyed it. One boy even expressed an interest in coming back to work on the truck. With a whole fleet of helpers I bet I could change the timeline for the truck project from 5 years to maybe just under 8.

The temperature is about 40 F. outside right now. As soon as I finish up the laundry, I plan to head outside and get a little sanding done on the frame.

No comments: