Monday, April 24, 2006

Yesterday afternoon we made the obligatory weekend trip to Home Depot. I bought some black pipe along with the necessary fittings to hook up Big Red, the air compressor, to the regulator.

The regulator had a leak when I first pressurized it, but after a few more spins of the spanner, it was all air tight. No more excuses. Time to get back to sanding the frame.

And I did just that this evening. But! I forgot I needed to buy some new bolts to re-fastener the casters to the truck dolly. I had used some larger wood screws because they were handy, but they haven't held up to the stress of rolling around the garage. On more that one occasion I have had a caster fall off and then dolly tip. Not catastrophic, but not really a pleasant experience either.

The Charger will have been with us three weeks tomorrow. Total mileage is now over 800. Recall it had about 450 when it finally found me, so I am bumping up close to 400 miles now myself. A few more days I will have the lions share.

No comments: