Monday, September 25, 2006

Did You Do Anything Unusual This Weekend?

Last Sunday, a friend asked me if I had done anything unusual in the previous week to which I responded, "Unusual for you or unusual for me?".
 
This morning three odd things have occurred already.  Let's see if I can remember any of them.
 
Uno - I saw three deer in the backyard.  After they spotted me, two went into the woods.  The remaining one, a buck, just stood and looked at me before he resumed mowing my backyard.
 
Dos  - So much for my memory.
 
I did not venture out into the garage this weekend.  I had a stack of homework to do so I decided I would not go out there until it was all done.  This was supposed to be a motivational tool.  Ha!
 
Saturday I was so motivated not to do my homework, I had all the laundry done by 1:30 pm.  Then I took my requisite nap and followed that up with a couple of episodes of "OverHaulin" on the Tivo.  I can't believe they still haven't come to get my car.
 
When Sunday rolled around, I got serious about the homework.  About six hours worth of seriousness.  I missed my Sunday afternoon nap and Miata ride due to nearly insurmountable stack of work I had.
 
I came, I saw, I calculated.  Now it is all done.  Don't you feel better.  Learning can be difficult.  The amazing thing is that If I had to do it all over again, I could probably get it done in 60-90 minutes.
 
After dinner last night, I manufactured an excuse to go for a ride in the Miata.  You can almost always use another gallon of milk when you have two kids in the house.  I got to see a pretty cool pink and blue sunset with large rolling clouds.  And we got a somewhat much needed gallon of milk.  The time is quickly approaching where these trips will require a jacket.
 
 

No comments: