Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Wacky Wednesday

Today I made a return visit to the cardiologist for a stress test.  (I think I failed to mention last weeks visit).  They told me expect to be there between four and six hours.  And I was.  I got to spend quality time on the treadmill, and I managed to catch 40 winks during an MRI.  The MRI took about twenty minutes.  I fell asleep during this no few than four times.  I know this because I woke up four times due to sleep apnea.  *snort*.  Last weeks visit included an echo cardiogram.  That was pretty cool.  I got to see the valves in my heart open and close.
 
I am now taking a pill everyday to lower my blood pressure.  It was down at 138/88 today from last weeks high of 178/114.  I am also taking an alternative remedy for high cholesterol, a glass of red wine every night.  My initial reaction to these new daily chores was less than positive.  It takes me a long time to develop a new habit.  Ok, the wine isn't so bad.  It's just having to remember it.
 
Perhaps I need something for my memory too.
 
 
 
 

No comments: