Monday, March 19, 2007

You Can Call Me Old But You Can't Make Me Grow Up

The results on this weekends F1 race in case you missed it: 1) Kimi, 2) Alonso, 3) Hamilton. Massa was back at 6. Hamilton is a rookie. Hitting the podium was pretty impressive.

I received a message on MySpace today from a guy I went to high school with. Where oh where did the last twenty years go? And he accused me of being old.

That is just not right. And on a day I am feeling oh so fragile. I had a visit with a doctor on Friday. He referred me to another doctor who I saw today. The second doctor wants to put me on something for high blood pressure. The first doctor will probably want to put me on something for high cholesterol.

So there you go. I don't want to be another one of those old folks who has to take a hand full of pills everyday. No offense to all you old folks.

Doctor # 2 also suggested I lose some weight. At first he said I should probably weight in at around 150. I don't believe I ever weighed 150. Back in the glory days while I was at Auburn and I was running every day I weighted 167 and had a 30" waist.

Eventually he decided 175 might be OK. The bad news here is that 175 is a long way away. Back around November 1, I decided to lose a few. Since then I have lost 12 lbs. This is not much in the grand scheme of things but this has been without any extreme changes to my life. It may be time to kick it up a notch. Can you hear the Nordic track calling? I can barely hear it but it would be easier if the M&Ms would hush.

Yeah and on top of that, David called me old. Thanks Dave.

7 comments:

Mike said...

I kept hearing the treadmill call my name. So I pushed that big bitch out intot he garage and buried her under a pile of truck parts and old laundry.

That'll show her to keep her mouth shut!

Unknown said...

No offense taken! Been on Lipitor for it seems like years...Not sure if I was on it when I retired (6/30/2000), but it was about that time. No trouble with the blood pressure yet tho'....but . . Top number is moving up slowly...now would average in the high 120's, and once in a while may hit 130/132..the bottom number is consistently below 80.

And I don't take a handful of pills every day....yet. Maybe half a handful. Good Luck!

Larry

Terry said...

Oh Riiiiiiccccckkkkkk (says the Cadbury Creme Egg......) I noticed how you pawned those off on me, that was a slick move..And yes they were yummy!!

Rick said...

Terry: The first ones free. And there's more where that one came from.

Love Bears All Things said...

You're much too young to have High Cholestrol. I don't like taking a handful of pills a day. Most of mine are vitamins though. I've been on medication for High Blood Pressure since I was 25 so I don't suppose that is an old person's disease..

Love Bears All Things said...

You're much too young to have High Cholestrol. I don't like taking a handful of pills a day. Most of mine are vitamins though. I've been on medication for High Blood Pressure since I was 25 so I don't suppose that is an old person's disease..

Angel said...

I'm 34 and already have to take one pill EVERY day for my hypothyroidism but if I didn't take it... ewwww ouch.

Hubby is 33 and on High blood pressure meds... they still haven't gotten it right. He's mostly worried about ED side effects. He stayed off them to avoid it. Right... death versus over chancing ED. Makes sense right? But his head was going to explode and he has been losing weight for over a year.

Good luck with both doctors. Today I got a new medicine for my migraines. Aging (not getting old aging!!) sucks lemons!