Monday, April 26, 2004

Jealousy



First things first! I just got signed up for Google's Gmail. A show of hands from all who are jealous so far. Of course I can be reached at "rick.martindale" at Google's "gmail.com". I suppose my spam infested rocketmail/yahoo account's days are numbered.

Second: I was actually drinking a diet Dr. Pepper when I received the following email {not from my gmail account}. I sense a wee bit of jealousy here. Obviously it was because I have a diet DP and a gmail account. Or was it the blog? Becareful what you step in - the sarcasm is deep.


So Jenna thought Ginger`s comment about the Miata being your ``Current Obsession`` was great. Since quitting my job I think I have run through two or three hobbies, six exercise plans, one weight loss program and countless Dr Pepper addiction programs.

I`ve been thinking about setting up my own blog for a while, but you beat me to it. Besides, my entries could read the same for each day. It would get a little boring.

Dr Pepper for breakfast, What a great Life!

Checked email and Rick’s Obsession page several times, Rick`s life sure sounds more exciting than mine.

Changed lots of diapers today, Rick`s life sure sounds more exciting than mine.

Only one kid puked today! Rick`s life sure sounds more exciting than mine.

Dr Pepper for lunch - Both kids asleep! NAP TIME RULES! What a great Life!

4:45 shuffle! Cleaning or at least hiding the junk by the front door. - Rick`s life sure sounds more exciting than mine.

Cooking dinner, something burned or raw again…, Rick`s life sure sounds more exciting than mine.

Bath time and bedtime, Total Chaos - Rick`s life sure sounds more exciting than mine.

Dr Pepper and the Simpson`s for a nightcap, What a great Life!

Both monsters are asleep now. I can finally get out in the garage and make some noise. Or at least I can sit in my garage chair and drink a Dr Pepper while watching the Simpson`s!

I was working on our often postponed kitchen remodel this weekend and discovered that the new halogen lights and all of my power tools share a circuit so I am waiting for Jenna`s dad to help me run a couple of new circuits to the tools. I don`t want to cause a rolling blackout in the ‘hood` or a fire in the attic. You gotta love 1980`s tract homes!

Better run, my Dr Pepper is warm.

Mike



Like I tell G, repetition is funny. Just ask David Letterman. Imaginary Mike Definitely has the repetition thing going with the Dr. Pepper.

Back in the day when I got my first car, a 1976 Mercury Comet (Yellow), we (I & me, where I is he: Imaginary Mike) would drive down to the Stop-N-Go, put $2 dollars worth of gas in the carburator and buy a 4 pack of 16 ounce Dr. Pepper, which was always on sell at the Stop-N-Go. We would then proceed to drive around Burleson, Texas burping. This would usually only last about an hour. After all the car only got about 16 MPG and how long could 32 oz of ice cold Dr. Pepper last during the middle of a Texas heat wave.

He obviously failed the diet plan he mentioned because he is still drinking the regular DP, where I have had to switch to unleaded.

The Comet wasn't so bad, really. Mike's first car was a Mercury Zephyr station wagon. That thing would fishtail like it was nobodys business, I kid you not.

Someday someone will actually ask me how he got a cool name like 'Imaginary Mike'. Usually I just tell people before they ask. I like to hear myself talk.

Oh yeah. The mx-5 was in the garage all day with the top down. It was obviously still raining today because I washed it yesterday.