Friday, April 09, 2004

Yesterday morning: raining - top up. Lunch: Top down. Beautiful afternoon. Need to wash the car. Still haven't cleaned up the interior. Perhaps this weekend after the egg hunting is complete.

Last night was the weekly meeting of the Madison County Woodworkers Guild. There was a heavier than normal turnout. I worked on cleaning up some boards for the top cap and cove molding for the cherry bed. Chad Easterling showed up to build a Butterfly house out of some old fence boards. Mr. Mack is still working on the built-in's for his daugthers room.

This mornings weather report was 45-75 F. Current temp was 43 F and I was wearing short pants and short sleeves. Certainly it must be a top down day. While sitting at the light at Old Monrovia and Jeff Rd, I spotted another Miata. Green, 2000-ish, top down, and this guy is a real man - he had the windows down as well. I am freezing with the top down, heater on, and windows up. I beeped he waved. I ended up behind him at the light at Jeff Rd and 72. He waved again, I responded. When the light changed he rev'ed and moved forward. I followed. The sound of the two miatas rev'ing and shifting down Jeff Rd was pretty cool. For a few minutes I even forgot it was coooold. It will be warmer at lunch.

No comments: