Sunday, April 25, 2004

This morning I worked on the Bed a little more. Todays effort was working on the rails. S4S'ed the boards to become the rails. I plan on using the old B&D router to mortise the ends for the bed rail hardware. This is the first router I got. I bought it at a yard sale while I was in college. Probably in 1990. I don't remember for certain what I paid for it (either $6 or $8), but I do recall I got that I got it, a Skill jig saw, and a Craftsman power drill (old school with metal casing), and some drill bits, and jig saw blades for an even $20. At the time I wasn't really sure what a router was for.

The router reminds me of yet another thing I should post a few photo's of: the $15 table top Router table. This is a very sturdy little router table made of MDF and plexi-glass. I bought the materials at Home Depot. The 15 dollar price tag does not included the Black & Decker router. Even with the cost of the router, it is still fairly inexpensive. This table has seen little use over the last 3 years. I had to build a larger version of it after I purchased the Incra Ultra. The orignal table wasn't big enough to mount the ultra's base. There are plans floating around in my head to make yet another one. The new one will be a stand alone cabinet with storage underneath. I also plan to incorporate a hookup for the dust collector. Enough on that for now:

Today: Started top down. Raised top to wash car. Moved car into the garage to dry it off. I don't want any more of those nasty waster spots! I Lowered top after after drying it. And of course shortly after I finished the wash job, it started to rain. Currently top down, in the garage. I drove the truck this afternoon to run my errands.

Got some batteries for the RS4 Micro's transmitter. I got the car put back together last night. Unfortunately, I was unable to use the 911 shell. The big block motor takes up a little extra space. I had to do some significant work to get it installed with the 140 mm belt and the 9T pinion gear. I was pretty happy with how that turned out. The 911 shell looked great, but unfortunately, the battery pack no longer fit due to the motor sitting a little more forward in the chasis. I ended up putting the 150 mm belt back in so I could swap back to the BMW M3 shell. I let the kids both drive it for a while this afternoon. Jordan is developing a reasonable amount of skill with it. I told him he should practice driving slow so that it wouldn't get broken. (I also charged a few packs for tomorrow - hopefully the Team Losi Truck will see some runtime tomorrow at lunch!)

Yesterday: Top down, all day. It was a very nice day. I drove over to Lauderdale county. While there, I visited the cemetary where my GrandMother is buried.

On the way back, I borrowed the driveway of the polo club to take a few photos of the Miata using our digital camera. They turned out very well. {Note to self: Self, post the photos.}

Perhaps I got a little too much sun. I guess I need to get a bottle of sun screen to carry with me in the car.

No comments: