Thursday, April 22, 2004

Today started top down, until I backed out of the garage. It was just starting to rain. Up goes the top. Back down for the drive to lunch (@ El Mariachi). Back up upon return and for the drive home. Currently there is hail falling from the sky roughly the size of small grapes.

Today I realized just how nice it can be to drive with the top up and the windows down. The temperature was perfect. The zipper on the rear window was rough. This evening I applied some soap to the zipper and ran it back and forth a few times. This made a huge improvement. I looked around on the web for a solution prior to doing this. The best advice I found was to not apply anything that might collect dirt (silicon, WD-40, etc).

I also read several places that vaseline is useful for reviving leather. More research showed that while initially it will make it seem better, the vaseline will clog the pores of the leather thus keeping it from breathing. In the long run this could actually cause the leather to dry out faster (from the inside out).

Tuesday was a top down day. Met Dave and Troy at Pizza Hut for lunch.

This weeks woodworking session occurred on Tuesday rather than Thursday. G had other plans for today, so I needed to be available to keep the kids. Tuesday I worked on attaching the cove and cap molding to the head and foot board. Just a little glue and I will begin work on the side rail.

No comments: