Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Bobcat Obsession Day
Today will hence forth be known as Bobcat obsession day. Over slept this morning {7:30 am}. Hadn't done that in a long time. I didn't have to be anywhere till 8:30 and then only in my backyard. The bobcat was delivered promptly at 8:30. Maneuvering was as simple as it was described. I had never used one before so I was a bit psyched about the whole experience. The first few minutes were similar to being on a roller coaster only without the rails. I got comfortable with the controls very quickly and proceeded to teraform the hill at the edge of my backyard. I ended up 'playing' in the bobcat for about 3 hours. After I got the hill right, I moved a stack of old brick and buried them. I also did a little bit of bush hogging in the woods. That was actually more fun that work. There is something exhilarating about being destructive, even in a controlled manner.

Brianna came out to watch me for a few minutes. She asked me if I was playing. I told here yes. I think perhaps someone put her up to that.

Butch, the concrete guy was out again today applying a few sealer coats. Foot traffic after 24 hours.

Called Bob the Builder about getting the roof started. He said he was pretty busy but would get started around the end of June. He has a two week vacation schedule before then and doesn't really want to start any new projects before he leaves.

Ginger thinks the new hot tub will probably show up before then.

Drove into work around 1:00. Miata day, top down. Nice and sunny.

Thursday evening occurred on Tuesday this week. Didn't get much done. My mind was on the up coming trip. Spent some time cleaning off the bench and then did some sanding on the footboard.

No comments: