Monday, May 24, 2004

Did I mention that I don't usually proof read or spell check this stuff. Sorry for the pain that it inflicts upon you.

Got interrupted while writing the post for Sunday earlier. Went ahead and published it with the intention of finishing it up later. Anyway, there is still some refinement work to be done. Fortunately there is still plenty of time, but that will evaporate quickly I am sure.

I took a new picture of Brianna and Jordan to work today. It was time to update the picture in the frame. The new picture was the Easter shot. Bri was laughing in the picture. This weekend she was Daddy's baby.

It appears that the next four weeks are going to be very hectic. More on that as the days go by.

Saturday while the kids where at their Grandma's, I drove down the parkway and headed east on Hobbs Island road. I drove thru Ditto but I didn't stop. Boat show in progress. G read that parents who own a boat are more loved by their children than parents who don't own a boat. Sounds like a good enough excuse to me. Anyway, drove the rest of Hobbs Island out to New Hope and then back towards OXR. I hadn't been through Mountain Gap yet so, I took that back to Jones Valley. That was truly a beautiful drive. At times I was in awe that I was so close to Huntsville, and I had never been on those roads before. The whole trip took about 1.5 hours. Plenty of time for me to get a nice sunburn.

On the way to work this morning, I stopped where some construction was occurring and mentioned to the foreman that if he had any extra dirt, I had a good location to store it. I left him a card with my number not really expecting to hear from him. Later in the day he called and asked where I would like it. He said delivery would begin on Wednesday. I say I would take as much as he would deliver (for free). I estimate I could easily handle 500 - 600 cublic yards. That is 25 - 30 tri-axle truck loads. I suspect could use twice that but... It will be interesting to see how much he sends my way. And I will be grateful, regardless of how much he sends.

I rented a bobcat for tomorrow. I need to clean up the access to the back of my lot so that the trucks can get in and out easily. I have never used a bobcat before but everyone says it is easy. My friends are all lining up right now to take it for a spin. Wait in line guys. I am going first. Obviously I will be late for work tomorrow.

One more thing. The back patio got stained today. The concrete looks almost like real stone. They will be back tomorrow to put a sealer on it.

Driving the kids home from school tonight, Jordan pointed at a Red Miata and said that looks like yours. They had the top down and it was an NA. My NA had the top down as well but it was at home parked in the garage.

It is pretty weird swapping back and forth from driving the Miata, to driving the gas guzzling Dodge 1500 Quad cab. One is so high, one is so low. The last fill up on the Miata was less than $20. The last fill up on the truck was just over $50. And I get about the same number of miles on each per fill up. A very fortunate event that I bought that little car just before the price of gas shot up. Perhaps that will recoup some of its cost over the next year.

Lunched at Viet Huong today with DBE. We both had A7 and B4 with unsweeted tea. Julie was our waitress. She always takes good care of us, calls us by name, and asks if we will be having the usual. That's pretty cool.

I think this pen is running out of ink.

Can you say Utah?

No comments: