Friday, December 17, 2004

Slow and Steady Wins the Race
I am making slow progress on getting the '72's engine back together. Last night I re-installed the oil pump. I also spent a little time cleaning some grease and grim off a few more engine parts. And finally a installed a new timing chain and sprocket.

I should have gotten a lot more done, but It was cold outside. It was also dark. I really needed to be outside with the water hose to clean the greasy parts. Another possibility would have been to install the parts without cleaning them but that would just be wrong.

On the bright side, the pile of greasy parts is starting to shrink and the engine block is starting to resemble a complete engine again.

Have you heard the latest REM CD? It is pretty good. For the record, Atomic Bomb is still in the CD player.

No comments: