Friday, December 31, 2004

It appears I have been upto exactly nothing this week.

Tomorrow we are going to Tuscumbia to visit my Father. We usually get together with my family for Christmas on New Years day at his house. This gathering never conflicts with any of the other many scheduled events. My sister Terry, my brother Rob and his family (Mary, Aaron, and Austin) will all be there.

Today we had nice weather so used the Miata to run my errands.

This morning I rolled the '72 out into the driveway, applied some degreaser to the front end and frame and commenced to making a really big mess in the driveway. The pressure washer wouldn't run (again) so I ended up using the neighbors. I also spent a little time attempting to clean up the heads and intake manifold. I wore out my wire brush!

David M. came by to help this morning. While he was here, we put the Miata up on jack stands and attempted to locate the exhaust leak. No luck. :(

Last night we went to Jack and Kay's annual party that occurs between Christmas and New Years. We had a good time. Lots of food and drink. Jack had made an incredible cheese cake. Alton Brown would have be proud. Jack has painted the interior of his new finished garage purple. He didn't want a garage with plain white walls. Everyone has that, including me. He had used an epoxy coating on the floor. I want my garage floor sealed. Perhaps this spring.

This year we have decided to not have a New Years Eve party. Instead we are heading across the street to our neighbors house to join their party. I believe this will be the first time in 7 years we have not had a party.

Happy New Year.

BTW, It is hot in the hot tub.


1 comment:

Brian the Red said...

Dude, did you forget to pay Blogger's 2005 Comment Bill?

I had some pithy comments about an entry, but I get a file not found error whenever I click on a comment link in a January post.