Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Hello, Hello, Hola
I just tried out a feature of Picasa 2 which allows me to upload photos to my blog directly from Picasa. It uses something called Hello. It attachs a goofy icon to the entry. I will have to play with this some more before I decide if I like it.

Anyone counted the number of times I have used that title since November?

Miata Mod
I have recently been struck by a strong urge to mod the Miata. I have been thinking a Voodoo would be nice. I also like the idea of a Big Red Button. Today I came up with another idea, and this was is easy and inexpensive. Actually I can't believe I have not seen someone do it already. The idea is to mimic the rear view mirror in the MiataSpeed, meaning, to paint the front of it to match the body color, red! Instead of the MiataSpeed logo though, I would probably use a Zoom Zoom decal, assuming I could find one with the right size font.

Brian, Have you considered doing this one? Also have you painted your brake calipers?

I think it is now official. David M. is the owner of a new to him 1991 Mazda Miata, black. New seat covers are in his future. His windows are slower than mine so I suspect he, or we, will be lubing those up in the near future.

1 comment:

Brian the Red said...

I'm sorry about mod urge, peer pressure is a horrible thing. The Miata is a great little car right out of the box, but as you get slowly sucked into the cult, er, community you see what others have done and think to yourself, that would be cool. Thus begins the slippery slope.

I have thought about the mirror painting, but I'm not sure about paint color matching for me. You have it easier, red is pretty much red.

I painted the caliper yellow on my old blue car. It added a nice touch to more open aftermarket wheels I put on. For now the calipers stay stock on this car. If I do paint them it will probably be silver. Something a little less flashy. Although yellow would look nice on a red car, you should do silver too because in keeping with the Mazdaspeed theme, that is the color of the calipers on those cars as well.

Lubing the window tracks will help, but you may have to clean the switches, especially David as his car is older. http://www.miata.net/garage/CleaningSwitch.html

I'd better quit writing now as my comment is nearing the length of your original post.