Sunday, March 13, 2005

Truck Update
Today I re-installed the power steering pump and connected it to the steering gear box.

A little body work was done prior to the power steering pump. Picture this: Me in the back yard with the bed side up on saw horses. After one application of paint stripper, I switched to the speed sander. And finally in an effort to speed up the removal of the bondo, I switched to some old wood-working tools. A hammer and a chisel. Very effective if your trying to remove 0.250 to 0.500 inches of bondo. Be careful not to scratch the beat up metal with the chisel though. Mr. Wallen can pound the dents out on Tuesday, if I don't beat him to it.

I also quizzed the neighor about setting the distributor timing.

Miata Update
Today the weather started out nice. By the time I finished all of the above, the clouds had rolled in and it started to get cooler. I went ahead and washed the Miata even though rain was likely. I had two helpers. I estimate all the help only doubled the amount of time it took to wash the car. I sure am glad we weren't washing the Dodge. That thing is so big we would still be out there washing.

I must admit that I was inspired to wash the Miata by the presence of another Miata.

Miata Update - Part II
David M. came by with a '91 he is probably going to buy. I had offered to drive it to compare it with mine. He also took mine for a spin. The '91 has a 1.6 liter so mine feels like it has a little more power. The '91 is black. It has a rollbar. His paint is faded worse than mine. The driver seat cover is worn out but his plan is to replace it. Besides the rollbar, there are a few other mods. Non-factory shift and brake handle. Also chrome scuff plates (These could be factory, but I don't have them on mine). Finally, the wheels are not factory. But best of all, he is getting a killer price! No more living vicariously though Rick.

No comments: