Saturday, March 19, 2005

One Year
Earlier this week I started wondering when I got the Miata last year. This morning I decided to check the blog archive. Well it turns out I got the Miata on March 19, 2005 which was a Friday last year. I recall I made the offer on the car from my cell phone from my shop during the weekly Thursday night woodworking session. (It has since moved to Tuesday and been put on hold for the auto body class.)

So today happens to be March 19th also. This calls for a celebration. What better way to celebrate than to take it for a drive today with the top down. Assuming the weather cooperates I am driving over to Athens today to visit a boneyard.

The weather forecast is high or 58F, 50% chance of rain. That also means 50% chance of no rain!

Home Brewsky
Mike E. from work has created some homemade beer. He offered to bring me a bottle so I accepted. David E. and I made some in the past. Some were good -Indian Pale Ale. Some were toxic - an extra stout come to mind. Yesterday I found a bottle hiding under the seat in the Miata. (I moved it to the trunk for transporation and placed it in the fridge for chilling down after I got home.) David M's Miata was parked next to mine. I saw a bottle under his seat as well. I considered acquiring his bottle but then thought better of it. It this stuff turns out to be rocket fuel, I definitely don't want to drink two bottles. I plan to open 'er up this afternoon. If this is my last entry, you know what got me!

Cheesey
Grandma is taking the kids to Chuck E. Cheese today to celebrate Grandpa's Birthday. I have passed on the invitation for myself. The Miata beckons.

1 comment:

Brian the Red said...

Happy Anniversary. The first year gift is traditionally paper. So what did you get your car that was made from paper today?