Saturday, March 12, 2005

It was a beautiful day!

I had a little shop time today. I used to work towards getting the truck running again. I started by reinstalling the transmission shift linkage. Next I cleaned the rocker covers and dropped them on. And then a new hard fuel line from the fuel pump to the carb. I also began installing new hard lines from the transmission to the radiator. I got the back end hooked up but the radiator is not installed so the front end was left hanging. Installed a new thermostat and the freshly painted housing. The carb is back on top now as well. Finally the water pump is back in place. I still have a lot to do though I suspect completion is still weeks if not months away.

And because the weather is so nice, I definitely will need to get out tomorrow with the top down. G will be working tomorrow afternoon so it will be late in the day before I get clearance for take off.

And for the record, I went to class Tuesday night. The teacher said he wasn't going to be demo'ing anything so I came home. That was the day I decided I was coming down with a cold.

Today I felt pretty good while I was outside today, but now, not so much. All the more reason to head back outside tomorrow.

Still looking for a package from Chevy Duty. It will be two weeks tomorrow since the order was placed. Year One is having a sell. Perhaps I should cancel my order and re-order from them. Can you spell patience? I can, but apparrently I don't have any.

Now I am off to reseach how to set the timing on an engine. I know how to get the engine to top dead center (TDC), but I am not certain how to setup the distributor.

Thanks to everyone that provided me advice on how to set the choke and throttle while starting a small engine. The best part is when I forget again, I can Google my blog and find the answer.

As usual, I did not proof read or spell check this entry. Consistency is everything.

No comments: