Thursday, November 17, 2005

A Story Without a Title
A few days ago I tried out blog posting via an email message. It has merit.

Mr. Sandblaster called today. He is done blasting the frame. The plan is to pick it up tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully things will go according to plan.

A weird thing happened at lunch this week. Tuesday I had lunch with a David. When selecting a destination, I usually pick a place called Thai Garden. In order to give him a break from my culinary monotony, I suggested an Indian place instead. As luck would have it, he had dinner there the night before and suggested Thai Garden. I was in. This is probably my favorite lunch spot, though I probably don't make it there more than twice a month. It is a bit of a drive. Thai Garden it was. Dave and I ordered the same thing. I think it was SL-8, chicken, soup, steamed rice.

Wednesday I had lunch with Chad, Cheaster, the used oil guy. We went by a specialty glass shop and then I suggested we eat at 5-points since it was nearby. I threw out a couple of choices: Thai Garden and the Po' Boy Factory. The Cheaster had not been to either but he thought Thai sounded interesting, so Thai Garden it was. As we walked in the front door, I am spotted by David's wife. "Hey, what are you doing here? Didn't you eat here yesterday?". Yep, sure did. Even sat at the same table. Apparently he snubbed her the day before to have lunch with me. I probably have 5 or 6 favorite meals there so eating there two days in a row was not a problem. I just ordered one of the other five. Chad and I ordered the same thing. I think it was SL-11, soup, steamed rice. Lots of garlic in this one! To quote Chad, "I think my breath could knock over a mule." I tried not verify this.

Today I asked Billy if he was in for lunch. The basic response was sure, as long as it is not Dreamland BBQ. (That is another story.) A little bit later, Jay drops by and asks about lunch. I say sure. He says, "I would suggest Thai Garden but I know you have already been there twice this week." I say, don't let that stop us. I call up Troy, he's in. Off we go. I had the SL-9, Chicken and peanuts with carmelized onions, soup, steamed rice. Billy had what I ordered yesterday, SL-11. Troy had the same with pork instead of chicken, Jay had Sl-10, the green chicken curry, and Billy picked up an order of SL-11, chicken, fried rice to go for Wendy. He almost messed up and got her steamed rice.

What was the point of all that. None, I just had nothing else to say. Ok, it wasn't that weird.

Will I eat there again tomorrow? No, We are having a free catered lunch tomorrow at work in celebration of the existence of Turkeys.

Did I ever tell your about the time another David and I set out to eat BBQ at a different place every day for a week? Around here, that is pretty easy to accomplish. We considered having another theme lunch with subs but that idea just wasn't that appealing.

Forty degrees outside when I got home this evening. Hot tub weather is here again!

The batteries in the thermostat are dead so we can't turn the heater on. Fortunately the house is pretty well insulated. If we start to get cold we can scavenge the batteries from the TiVo remote. Desperate times call for desperate measures. We aren't that cold yet.

When you finally get around to buying your TiVo, don't forget to tell them I sent you. I think there is something free in it for me. I don't recall what it is but free is good.

I have been at my new job about 6 weeks now. In another six weeks, Chad will be buying me a free lunch. As I said before free is good. He will be smiling though because the company will be cutting him a bonus check for recruiting me.

No comments: