Thursday, March 16, 2006

CTRL-ALT-DEL

I just finished putting my laptop back together. The laptop is a Dell Inspiron 8000. I have had it several years. Maybe five.

It came with a 3 year warranty. I believe that ended two years ago. While under warranty, the CD was replaced twice. Somewhere along the way I had to replace the harddrive. I needed more space. And more memory.

All in all, it has been a good computer.

A few keys are occasionally non-functional. One nice wack at the right spot and it all starts working again.

Tonight, just for fun, I took the keyboard out. Not really just for fun, I just wanted to see how difficult it would be to replace. Not bad. Four screws. I found a service manual online.

Keyboards are fairly cheap. Perhaps I will replace the keyboard soon. I might be able to get a few more years out of this computer.

No comments: