Friday, November 05, 2004

All Good Things...
In case it seems I have had a lot of free time lately, it is true. I have not been to work in three weeks. Yesterday I formally accepted a job offer. I will be starting back to work on Monday.

I was fortunate enough to have two job offers to choose between. I had a call from another company today which I believe was going to offer me yet a job as well. I had been very lucky with the job search.

I will surely miss having out everyday with the retired guys in the neighborhood.

Let the Rebuild Begin
I have finally begun to reassemble the engine. Yesterday I spent considerable time cleaning the pistons. For the record, oven cleaner works pretty well for removing the carbon buildup. I prefer Zep Oven and Grill cleaner. I didn't notice nearly the fumes when using it compared to other stuff.

I also re-installed the cam shaft and the lifters. David M. was over for the weekly woodworking session. The ww session was replaced with a grease monkey session. He attempted to remove the front end of the truck while I was busy making my mess. The front end consists of the outer and inner fenders, the grill, and the radiator support. I believe it will all come off as one piece after removing 8 bolts. He had trouble with one so the front end is still in place.

I started today by running a few errands in the Miata (top down). It was very chilly this morning but I was armed with a fleece jacket and a warm heater. The errand involved getting more oven cleaner and picking up the piston rings which were ordered yesterday.

Today I installed new main crank bearings and re-installed the crank shaft. Tomorrow I will try to get a few pistons (along with the new rings) installed.

No comments: