Saturday, November 13, 2004

Three of a Kind
I just know we have at least two hack saws in this house, only I can't locate either one of them. Yesterday morning I stopped at Wally-World on the way to work to buy yet another hack saw. Now I have a hack saw again. This one is different though because I know where it is.

Last night I drove through an actual drive thru to pick up dinner, chicken fingers. Yes I know chickens don't really have finger. Mr. Chicken Finger Guy leans out the window and ask's "What year is it?". Obviously he has a Miata also. He loved the car (even though I had the top up). It was raining. This guy was ready to lean further out the window and install a turbo for me.

Today I pulled seven pistons, cut the stripped bolt, re-cleaned the block, and re-installed the pistons. Tomorrow I can start back exactly where I was last Sunday. Torqueing down the push rod cap bolts. And hopefully things will go smoother this time, ie no stripped bolts.

I went by Creg's today to check out his '53 Ford pick up. He pulled the engine last night. The bed, and front end where already removed. His truck is the essence of simplicity. The wiring was so simple!

1 comment:

Brian the Red said...

Dang, the place I get chicken fingers doesn't have "Turbo Your Miata" on the menu. The closest thing they do have is Toungue Torch Chicken Wings.