Thursday, November 25, 2004

The Miata has been in the garage now for a week. With the top up. Shame on me.

Happy Thanksgiving.

I am having some trouble putting the '72's engine back together. Everything is fine until I torque down the rod bearing caps. Then the crankshaft will no longer turn. My father-in-law thinks the bearings may be the wrong size. I have already been down that road. I guess I will talk to a few more experts before I decide what to do next. In the mean time, there are plenty of greasy parts I can clean off.

I stripped the oil pan of all grease and paint. It is very shiny and ready for some new paint. I suspect it will rust by tomorrow. The new oil pump has been installed as well.

This year we stayed home for Thanksgiving. My inlaws are visiting with us. We are having the Thanksgiving meal as our evening meal. Lunch was skimpy and I am very hungry. It is 5:46 pm and I am being tortured. Please send food soon!

Tomorrow we are traveling east for Thanksgiving with G's maternal grand parents. Saturday we are traveling west for Thanksgiving with my Father. It is hard to imagine that I will be hungry after three Turkey dinners. I sure wish I could have part of one right now!

Happy Turkey Day

No comments: