Friday, November 26, 2004

Thanksgiving Part II, The Search for Spock
Sorry. I couldn't help myself.

We headed down to the greater Boaz/Sardis metro today to partake of another Thanksgiving Feast. That means I have now had pecan pie two days in a row. Mmmmm.

I spotted a couple of old Chevy trucks a few miles away from our destination so after lunch G's Grandfather and I took a quick trip in G's Tahoe over to look at them. I snapped a few photos and as usual they are still in the camera so I am not sharing them with you at this point.

One was two tone Blue and White. The other was two tone Orange and White. War Eagle, eh! They were both in really good shape and for sale. I did not ask how much. I did not need to know. The blue one was a 72, the orange one a 70. Someday I have to decide what color my truck will be eventually. (Both trucks had coil suspension in the rear.)

Another hour in the shop this afternoon getting greasy.

Tonight we dined on takeout Chicken fingers. I took the Miata out with the top down to retrieve the culinary delight. My father-in-law offered to ride with me to fetch dinner. I replied sure, but be warned I am going in the Miata with the top down. I ended up going alone. I estimate the temperature was in the mid 40's. Not too bad with the heater on and a warm jacket.

While driving around I was listening to the Barenaked Ladies. I head 'Crazy' which matched the thoughts of those around me judging by the looks I got from time to time. Have these people no sense of adventure.

For your viewing pleasure, here are the lyrics for BNL's "Crazy":

Climbing the walls of my mind is like climbing
on the jungle gym.
I am more than content with the
state of mind I am in.
'cause I am crazy just like you.
I am crazy just like you.
I don't need a rubber room, but that might be nice.
I'm not a manic depressive paranoid or schizophrenic
so I don't need your advice.
I am crazy just like you.
I am crazy just like you.
The lights are on but nobody's home
my elevator doesn't go to the top
I'm not playing with a full deck I've lost my marbles.
The lights are on but nobody's home
My elevator doesn't go to the top
I'm not playing with a full deck I've lost my marbles.
I'm a few bricks short of a load,
but a full load always hurt my back.
I flew over the cuckoo's nest and
I'm never ever coming back because
I am crazy just like you.
I am crazy just like you.
I am crazy.

No comments: