Sunday, November 28, 2004

Geek Squad
Today I heeded the call to fix my Mother and Step-Father's PC. I asked them to drop it off and I would take a look at it. It was dropped off early afternoon.

Around dark I decided to get it over with. I plugged it in and turned it on. It powered up fine, Windows 95 loaded normally. I could find nothing wrong. Job well done.

I called to ask what was wrong with it. My Mother didn't know so I told her it appeared OK to me. I offered to drive it back over.

A few minutes later I was crusin' in the Miata with the top down. Tonight is a cold clear night without very few stars visible due to the surrounding lights. The PC was riding shot gun.

When I arrived, I hooked it back up, verified connectivity to the Internet, and called it a day. I wish all computer problems turned out to be that easy to solve. Or rather I wish there were no problems to solve.

At least I got a ride in the Miata out of the whole ordeal.

No comments: