Monday, February 21, 2005

Hello, Hello
Both of my kids now know enough of the words to several of the songs on the latest U2 album. Enough words to sing along anyway. And when they don't know the words, they make them up. My favorite is "Miracle Truck", but I think I had a little influence of that one.

As this day comes to an end, so does my four day vacation. It was wonderful while it lasted. We dined out everyday. Today we brunched at Cracker Barrel. The little people love the pancakes. Tomorrow I go back to work and the kids back to school.

I occupied a couple of hours this afternoon tidying up the garage. For the most part I just cleaned the tools and put them away. To the casual observer my garage probably doesn't appear any cleaner. Only I know the truth. I figured it was a good time to clean up a little bit, before I start the next phase on the truck.

The next phase will be everything needed to get it to move under its own power again. I made a list. It filled a full sheet of paper. I didn't number the items so as to not be overwhelmed.

The Miata needs to be washed. Driving in the rain on Sunday didn't help. It also doesn't help that there is a lot of road construction nearby. It will have to wait til a warm sunny afternoon.

No comments: