Saturday, February 19, 2005

I just noticed I have 500 gmail invites. There seems to be an epidemic.

iMike is making noises about bringing home his Grandfather's old '68 Chevy Pickup.

I went by a few salvage yards yesterday to look at truck parts. One of the trucks I went to see has gone to the happy hunting ground. At another yard, there was a 70-ish GMC. The guy offered to let me have the entire front end (rad support, inner and outer fenders, hood, grill, etc) for $250. That is only about 10x my current budget.

Today I went to visit a TSC store. (Tractor Supply Corporation). I bought a few grade 8 bolts for mounting the engine block back in the frame.

This morning I replaced the front and rear seals on the TH350 transmission. I also used a wire wheel to remove some of the baked on grunge.

Tomorrow I plan to take the engine off the stand, install the flex plate and torque converter, and bolt on the transmission. If things go well, the engine may mounted back in the frame tomorrow. I have two helpers who may show up.

1 comment:

Brian the Red said...

I guess that means you won't be buying one of mine...