Monday, February 28, 2005

Chevy Duty
Last night I order a few parts for my truck. This is probably the first of many orders to come over the next few years. I have often thought of ordering side view mirrors but it already has some. They are very ugly though.

First I order some hardware. Namely, head light adjustment screws and springs.

Second I ordered a rear fender patch panel. What this means is I will be cutting a rusty piece out of the side of the truck, roughly 14" by 34" and welding the new piece in. This should be fun. Hopefully I will remember to snap some pictures so that I can forget to post them.

Here is a pic of a new patch panel. $17.95
patch

Here is a full fender. (not to scale) The yellow rectangle indicates where the patch panel belongs.
fender

And my rusty fender. I left the image small so that we wouldn't be overwhelmed by the whole in the fender.
rusty

I ordered the stuff from Chevy Duty. I have catalogs for several companies that sell this stuff. The choice for which company to get it from came down to the value on the bottom line. Per my research, most of these companies are selling parts all made in the same factory.

1 comment:

Mike said...

If we do drive up through the midwest this summer, to Mount Rushmore, we will be within 10 miles of their store. I think that might seal the trip.