Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Rick did a little dent pulling last night. Rick also tried his hand a welding for the first time. Panel welding is difficult but with a little practice I will become reasonably effictive at it. Rick was discouraged by the amount of rust he found on the right rear fender. It was in much worse shape than the first.

The kids get out of school at noon tomorrow. They are also out Friday for a teachers in service day. School is also out on Monday for Presidents day? I suppose teachers in service day is actually code for let's have a four day weekend. I further suppose that school gets out early on Thursday so the teachers can get all the work done on Thursday afternoon that was suppose to be accomplished on Friday. This will save everyone some money on Friday as no one will have to drive to the school. This is all just speculation, but that doesn't keep me from being envious.

Because the kids are out, we have decided to take a short vacation. I am very pleased with the notion of a four day weekend for myself. Oh happy Day.

And even if the kids had not been out of school on Friday, I would have probably taken the day off anyway. Friday is after all another of my favorite holidays, right behind Ground Hogs day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You failed to mention why Friday is one of your favorite holidays. Could it be that it signifys another year has passed.