Tuesday, April 24, 2007

The First Day Is The Hardest

At least I hope so. Having unsweetened tea with lunch was no big deal, but water throughout the day is boring. Sometimes you just want something with a little umph, the Jim Beam burn that you can only get from an ice cold Coca Cola. Unfortunately I don't really recall what that is like. It has been several years since I had a regular cola, and on that occasional is was a little flat. (I don't think you can actually get the Jim Beam burn from Jim Beam.)

Mike mentioned in a comment that he has been hitting the juice bottle. Don't do it man! Fruit juice has more calories per ounce than soda. Sure it is supposed to be good for you too, but if you strictly swap 12 oz. of DP for 12 oz. of juice, you net savings is no good. Now if you swap 6 cans of DP for 5 glasses of water and one bottle of juice your doing OK, but why would anyone want to do that? {End of rhetorical Question}

Back to the water torture. And it's raining today to. That makes my Miata sad.

3 comments:

Mike said...

Yeah, I learned that lesson a coupleof weeks after I dropped the soda and gained weight the next week.

H2O. Good for the soul.

Speaking Thru Me Ministries said...

I will take Diet Dr. P and stupid any day over water......... but everyone else would rather I not be too much more stupid, so i am TRYING to do whatever!!!!!!!

great posts!

Rick said...

Hi Leigh,

Thanks for stopping buy.

Good luck with your quest for whatever!!!!!!!

-Rick