Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Thoughtless

I hadn't put much thought into what I might muse about tonight.

I have a final tomorrow and I just assumed I would procrastinate for a while and then eventually do a little bit of studying eventually giving up and going to be because it was my bedtime, not so much because I was actually done.

I did procrastinate for a while. I could have started the study session when I got home. Looking back on it, had I done so I would have been done by dinner.

I think that perhaps I use my finely honed skill of procrastinating to keep from over doing the studying.

I did finally get out the books around 8:00 PM. By 10:00 I decided I had done enough.

And so here I sit, trying not to use the phrase bloggers block, when it was really just poor planning on my part. I assumed that I simply wouldn't have time to wax poetic tonight. As you can see I was both right and wrong. I had the time but there is nothing poetic about this, eh? [Note to self, look up the etymology of the term 'wax poetic'.]

Tomorrow will be a busy day indeed. Lunch will be a magical mystery tour for sure. After work, I will be heading to Athens to take the final. Following the final will be the traditional after-the-final-Mexican-food dinner. And after filling up on refried beans it is off Wal-Mart for the traditional pre-camping-trip-trip-to-Wal-Mart-gosh-I-can't-believe-it's-midnight-already I need some stuff for the camping trip shopping spree.

And then Friday morning I will venture into the dark recesses of the attic to retrieve my gear so that I can begin packing.

There is only a 40% chance of Thunderstorms on Saturday.

4 comments:

Carol said...

Isn't camping in the springtime FUN? The best part isn't the cool temperatures, the budding flowers and trees, or the animals coming out to eat those tender spring shoots. It's the prospect of death and destruction from flash floods and tornados! Have a great time - we did a couple of weeks ago.

Terry said...

Speaking of Waxing Poetic....

I need to wax my car, wanna help??

Rick said...

The Miata gets waxed first.

Terry said...

Yeah, I guess I still owe you one for the pick em up truck!!