Monday, April 09, 2007

Winter Wonderland

This past week I decided it was time to turn on the sprinkler system. The grass is turning green and I didn't want to be left out.

My neighbor has been reading again. He told me that one long "rain" would be better for the roots than three or four shorter "rain" showers.

Armed with this information, I decided to to reprogram the sprinkler to run one day a week, instead of three. I decided Sundays would be a good day.

Yesterday morning as we were heading out, I noticed the sprinkler had run for the first time. The driveway was wet around the edges. The grass, flowers, shrubs, and some of the lower tree branches were covered with ice. By the time we got back home, the ice had all melted and the water had all dried up. It is a shame I didn't get a pictures of the last freeze of the year.

For the record, it was about 80 the day I reprogrammed the sprinkler.

No comments: