Sunday, June 20, 2004

C2

The local radio station has been heavily pushing C2 for weeks. I decided surely Coke was wasting their marketing money if they were advertising for a product that wasn't yet available. I had yet to see one at the grocery, gas station, or even in a vending machine.

Last night G brought home a bottle of C2 for me. They were giving free samples at Wal-Mart. I decided to save it for the F1 race today.

So what did I think. It is just ok. Not as sweet as regular Coke (I actually prefer Pepsi) and it doesn't have the nasty after taste that Diet Coke leaves you with.

The bottle said 45 calories per serving, with only 2.5 servings in a bottle. Per their own marketing, I expect a can will probably have about 70 calories. I will have to check on that.

I was a bit surprised to discover that C2 contains aspartame, the same nasty stuff in most diet drinks. I had assumed that C2 would simple have half the sugar or rather corn syrup. In my opinion that is a bad thing. First you will still get plenty of empty calories if you consume a few cans a day, and second you will get all the brain altering side effects provided by the artificial sweetener. This is actually all the drawbacks of both regular and diet sodas. Bummer dude!

Obsession De Jour: Formula One

Well the race is now over. My forecast was only 40% correct. I correctly called the first and second place positions. The guys I predicted would take 3rd, 4th, and 5th positions didn't finish the race.

Results
1-M. Schumacher (Ferrari)
2-R. Barrichello (Ferrari)
3-T. Sato (BAR-Honda)

Ralf Schumacher(BMW-Williams) totaled his car. He flew it backwards into a concrete wall. Ouch! The last report I heard, he is ok. Button(BAR-Honda) put his car in the garage with engine trouble. Juan Pablo Montoya(BMW-Williams) was black flagged about halfway thru the race. He switched cars just before the start because his car would not start. Apparrently the replacement car was not correctly registered with the FIA so he was disqualified. He was in the top 5 when they pulled him out. Well I suppose I will put this obsession to bed for a few weeks.

How about a PVC obsession?

No comments: