Saturday, June 05, 2004

This week sure few by.

Wednesday I flew to San Francisco. We stayed at the Crown Plaza in Union Square. I road BART, the local subway, from the airport to Powell Street and then hiked up the hill to the hotel. Lots of freaky people hang out near the Powell street station. (I think this is on Market Street, but I am not certain.)

The afternoon appointed had been cancel so we (SC) walked toward the Fisherman's Wharf. We intended to eat at the wharf but were unable to make a decision as to where. On the way down we had passed several Italian places so we decided to try one of them, the thought being to choose a local place which would surely have some fresh fish on the menu. The fish special of the day was sole. I didn't bother to remember the name of the place as it was unremarkable.

While out walking we also stopped in a pub that feature Rogue beer. I don't recall how many taps they had but there were quite a few. The place was fairly old, lots of windows and brick. Very nice. I tried a beer sampler which included 4 samples of my choice: Honey Cream Ale, Yellow Snow, Hazelnut Brown, and Mocha Porter. I also had an Imperial Stout. A few of the local favorites that I didn't try were the Chocolate Stout, Rogue Smoke, and Dead Guy Ale. Everything I tried was good. I really enjoyed the Honey Cream and the Stout. The Hazelnut was flavorful but I wouldn't want to drink it all the time. The bar tender said the girls like it. He also gave me a sample of one, the name of which I forgot. It had a hot pepper taste.

Thursday was work, work, work. Lunch at a nearby Italian place. This one was really good. I have already forgotten its name but I have a receipt so I can look it up. Finished up work just after 3:00. It seemed much later to me, but that's just because it was Pacific time. Headed back to the hotel to catch up on email, etc.

Thursday evening we had dinner at a nice Indian restaurant. New Delhi @ 160 Ellis St (between Powell & Mason,near Union Square). We ordered pokoras and samosas for an appetizer. For dinner we had chicken marsala, and a roasted lamb dish the name of which I have also forgotten. We also enjoyed some basmati rice and naan. It was very good. I will definitely return there on my next trip to San Francisco. This one gets two thumbs up.

Friday was all about traveling back to Bama. Early to rise. Walked to BART, rode BART to the airport, Delta to Atlanta. While waiting in the San Fran airport I indulged myself with a Star Bucks caramel frappuccino. My Atlanta to HSV flight had been canceled, fortunately I was able to catch another flight that was leaving an hour earlier. I made it with a few minutes to spare.

Glad to be home.

Today we just bummed about the house.

No comments: