Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Dirt
Ok, I don't really have anything to say about dirt today, but as long as I am being accused of an obsession, lets roll with it.

I drove the truck to work yesterday. It seemed like it had been a long time. I actually drove it once over the weekend, but it had been a long time since I headed out early on a weekday. Twelve days actually, and that day I went to the airport instead of the office, so I guess it had been two weeks since I had driven it to work.

I am pleased to say the tires didn't fall off. You may recall that I rotated them this weekend.

Yesterday's lunch was at Viet Huong. I had A7 and C11. DE had A7 and something described as a vietnamese burrito. It was not on the menu nor did it resemble a burrito.

Note to self: Stop playing foosball. I noticed that Amazon sells more than 50 different foosball tables.

Last night some new weather rolled in. It was raining when I woke up. And my head was hurting big time. Miata to work, top up. Lunch with DM and Troy at the Cracker Barrel. And yes, I did eat the grits. Mmmmm.

I left work early today. I headed home at around 2:00 pm. My head was still hurting. When I got home I fell into bed and remained there unconscious for the next two and a half hours. Oh my head.

The roads are slick and my tires are slicker. Perhaps I should start looking into getting some new tires.

I was suppose to go get the car tags renewed today. I am toying with the idea of getting a personalized tag on the MX-5. Perhaps "MX-5". What are the odds that one is not already taken.

I bet a hot tub would be righteous right now.

The rain looks good on the dirt. I bet there are some new white spots on the car today.

Ginger mentioned that she had heard they tore down Noble Hall at Auburn. Noble was a coed-dorm while I was at AU. My friends Allen and Andy lived there their first year. Can you say Danger Mouse?

I didn't go running last night. Looking back on it, I realize now I was already beginning to feel bad. I really need to get out and pound the pavement tonight or I will have to declare this as another failed attempt at starting an exercise program.

Recently I have had the desire to revive the N-scale railroading hobbie. I have plenty of stuff, I could make time by losing a little sleep, but I need to work out the best location. A spot that is usable but not in the way. Either that or I should e-bay all the stuff. Just kidding.

No comments: