Sunday, June 20, 2004

Miatapox
The rain last week made the Miata look like it had some sort of pox. The Trunk is almost nothing but white spots. Actually all horizonal surfaces where water can stand look bad. Surprisingly the areas that I have previously wet sanded look better than the rest of the car. I suppose I could do some more sanding. I wouldn't put it past me. It would make the car look better short term.

I talked to a guy at a local premium body shop recently about having it painted. He estimated about $1800 to repaint it red. This would include fixing the dings and replacing the back bumper. He said they use PPG paint exclusively. The paint job would be BC/CC {base coat/clear coat}.

I asked about the cost for using a different color. The cost bumps up to about $2500. I would love sun burst yellow.

I have been told these guys might be a little pricey but they do top notch work. The guy said that about $800 of the $1800 was materials.

I suppose a paint job is not really in the cards this year. Possibly next year. Maybe its time to do a little color sanding again.

"It's Hot! In the Hot Tub.
Supposedly the hot tub will arrive on Wednesday. I will see it when I believe it.

Ten
Last nights ten minute run seemed to last forever. I will probably try to go ahead with the 11 minute run tonight.

No comments: